Our client is a community focused federal government agency. They have an exciting opportunity available for a Freedom of Information Delegate to join the Parliamentary, Ministerial and FOI branch.
12-month initial Labour Hire contract with the opportunity to extend. APS 6 level role offering an hourly rate of $60.26 + Super.
The position will be based out of Geelong, offering 2 days working from home, with the remaining 3 on site. 37.5-hour work weeks, with 8-hour days expected.
Your responsibilities will include:
- Assist & prepare FOI decisions in accordance with the FOI Act
- Assist the coordination of in-house and outsourced FOI services
- Maintaining excellent working relationships with clients and other internal and external stakeholders
- Managing the priorities of clients and available resources (including staff) to deliver results on time and within budget
- Preparing and contributing to a range of other material including briefing material for Ministers, Board papers, media releases, reports to Parliamentary committees, and correspondence
- Assist in developing systems, processes and practical tools including training to support FOI handling and awareness
- Australian citizenship is a requirement to be eligible for this position
- Demonstrated ability to make decisions under Freedom of Information legislation in relation to requests for access to documents.
Proven experience managing demanding and changing workloads and competing priorities.
- Highly developed communication (written and verbal) skills, including the ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with a wide range of internal and external stakeholders.
- Have a keen eye for detail, with a high degree of self-motivation to prioritise and complete tasks within specified timeframes
- Thrive in a busy workplace with multiple competing priorities and deadlines
- Exercise both initiative and judgement in the interpretation of policy and in the application of practices and procedures.
Submit your resume, or for further information please contact