This Federal agency is supporting and managing a transformative marketplace which supports people with disability and increases community engagement through more flexible access to benefits with a personalized plan and support team.
You will be joining a national, virtual team responsible for managing and triaging a pipeline of Participant-driven plans & complaints reviews. This role is based in Geelong.
12 Month initial term contract paying $55.24 per hour + Super.
APS 5 Internal Review Case Officer Your responsibilities will include:
- Working with participants to gather information regarding the nature and context of review requests, informing participants and their representatives about decisions, reviews and the appeals process.
- Undertaking evidence-based decision making as prescribed in the NDIS Act, NDIS rules, Operational Guidelines and NDIA policies.
- Monitoring and managing caseloads, ensuring internal reviews are completed within set timeframes.
- Contributing to quality improvement activities to enhance service delivery practice, processes and systems.
- An ability to develop plans and objectives for short term tasks and contributing to strategic planning for longer-term initiatives.
- Experience supporting and working with people with disability and / or carers and family – Aged Care
- Ability to manage a high-volume caseload
- Excellent analytical skills and ability to work in a team dealing with complex information
- Experience assessing complex information within legal and operating process guidelines to make fair and auditable decisions (review decisions assessable by the Administrative Appeals Tribunal)
- Ability to communicate outcomes both written and verbally
- Strong ability to document cases in a CRM or similar system and experience with MS Office suite
- You must be an Australian Citizen to be eligible for this position
Please note Successfully screened applicants will be required to complete a writing task prior to submission
Hit apply now or for more information email email@example.com