- APS4/5/6 FOI Officer opportunities within a Federal Government Agency
- 12-month initial contract with possible extension
- Brand new office in Inner South Canberra (Hybrid / Flexible working arrangement is available)
About the Role:
Our client is currently seeking multiple FOI Officers to join The Parliamentary, Ministerial and FOI Branch.
The Parliamentary, Ministerial and FOI Branch manages the relationship between the Agency and the Minister’s Office. It supports the Agency in meeting the Minister’s objectives and priorities by providing timely, objective and strategic advice. The branch ensures the Agency are meeting their obligations under the Freedom of Information Act 1982 (FOI Act) and for the Participant Information Access (PIA) Scheme.
APS4 FOI Action Officer
The duties of a Freedom of Information Officer (APS4) include:
- Undertaking procedures to assist a FOI Decision Maker to create, process, make and close FOI decisions, ensuring all matters are recorded correctly on all databases in accordance with the FOI Act.
- Preparing and drafting a range of material including data reports, briefing material and correspondence.
- Providing administrative support to develop systems, processes and practical tools including training to support FOI and PIA handling and awareness.
- Providing administrative access where necessary to relevant local servers, distribution lists and agency databases to FOI team members.
- Assisting in preparing statistical reports for senior staff where required.
- Undertaking procedures to assist a PIA Decision Maker to create, process, make, record and close PIAs and ensure all matters are recorded and closed correctly on all databases where required.
APS5 FOI Officer
The duties of a Freedom of Information Officer (APS5) include:
- Assist, prepare and collate documents required to make FOI decisions in accordance with the FOI Act;
- Assist and administratively manage the coordination of in-house and outsourced FOI services;
- Maintaining working relationships with participants and other internal and external stakeholders;
- Preparing and drafting a range of material including internal and external correspondence and formal decision letters; and
- Administratively assist in developing systems, processes and practical tools including training to support FOI handling and awareness.
APS6 Senior FOI Officer
The duties for the Senior Freedom of Information Officer (APS6) include:
- Assist & prepare FOI decisions in accordance with the FOI Act;
- Assist the coordination of in-house and outsourced FOI services;
- Maintaining excellent working relationships with clients and other internal and external stakeholders;
- Managing the priorities of clients and available resources (including staff) to deliver results on time and within budget;
- Preparing and contributing to a range of other material including briefing material for Ministers, Board papers, media releases, reports to Parliamentary committees, and correspondence;
- Assist in developing systems, processes and practical tools including training to support FOI handling and awareness;
- To be eligible for employment for this role, you must be an Australian citizen.
How to Apply:
To apply for this opportunity, please submit your application to Connie at Talent International by clicking the “APPLY NOW” button. Alternatively, you can contact Connie on 02 6129 6318 or firstname.lastname@example.org for further information.