One of our Government clients based in Newcastle is looking for an Accounting Clerk for a 5 month contract. This role is paying $40-$50ph + super and will be working 3 days in the office and 2 from home.
This role will be focused on clearing a backlog of waivers and rebates. This will consist of following a process and completing a checklist. It will also involve some internet investigation and research, application of internal policy and use of the internal system.
Responsibilities include but not limited to:
- Monitoring creditor and debtor accounts, undertake related routine documentation, and calculate and investigate the cost of wages, materials, overheads, and other operating costs.
- This contractor will be focused on clearing a backlog of waivers and rebates. Which consists of following a process and completing a checklist. Involves some internet investigation and research, application of internal policy and use of internal system.
- Provide timely, consistent, and effective frontline client service
- Undertake a range of administrative financial tasks to manage client accounts including receipting, reconciliation of accounts and account enquiries
- Review accounts and undertake revenue collection tasks to support the recovery of debt
- Comply with audit and policy guidelines, and internal procedures to ensure tasks are carried out in accordance with the business plan
- Recommend alternative solutions to internal and external clients in line with operational procedures
- Review automated reports and maintain the integrity and accuracy of client and land account data
- Entry, maintenance, and processing of data to ensure the functions of revenue collection and client services are delivered in line with the business plan
- Provide information and reports to management as required
- Qualifications in finance administration or other relevant field and/or equivalent level of knowledge and experience in the industry
- Experience delivering high quality service to internal and external customers.
- Experience or understanding of revenue collection and debt management.
If you are interested in this role, please APPLY NOW by submitting your resume in MS Word Format. For further information, you may contact Molly Twelvetrees on 0478250311 / firstname.lastname@example.org for a confidential discussion.