Congratulations to all of our Winners across the globe!
Following an extremely competitive application and judging round earlier this year, last Thursday the Grand Final events for the 2017 Talent Unleashed Awards were hosted in Melbourne, Australia and London, United Kingdom.
And what a success they were!
The event marked the fifth year of the awards by Talent, with Virgin founder Sir Richard Branson joining Steve Wozniak on the global judging panel to determine the most ground-breaking startups and innovators of 2017.
We’re also proud to say that, for the first time, entrants from the United States competed against entrants from the APAC and EMEA regions, with winners from each region taking out the Global Grand Prize: an all-expenses paid trip to Silicon Valley to visit the homes of global technology companies, meet with leaders in the sector, share some time with Steve Wozniak and visit Talent’s San Francisco offices, which recently celebrated their first birthday.
Speaking at the awards, Richard Earl, Talent founder and Executive Chairman, said “The calibre of the line-up of finalists and winners this year was wonderful to see.”
“We were thrilled to welcome American innovators to the Awards for the first time this year following our expansion into the United States, and look forward to seeing more American entrants taking the stage next year.”
Richard Earl – Founder and Executive Chairman of Talent
In comments at the award ceremony in Melbourne, Steve Wozniak recognised the prevalence of stellar leaders and innovators amongst this year’s finalists and winners. “The quality was absolutely amazing and judging was a pleasure, even if it did keep me up all night!”
“People are always at the centre of the best technological innovation. The truly outstanding, inspirational developments in tech are rarely about efficiency and profit alone; they’re about making people’s lives better, and encouraging and enabling people to do their best work and live their best lives. That’s the unifying theme this year.”
Steve Wozniak – Co-Founder of Apple
Sir Richard Branson added “I’m very impressed by the originality and invention evident in the Unleashed entries this year. There are a lot of smart, visionary people behind the finalists, and it’s a pity to have to choose only one winner in each category.”
This year’s events saw both the Regional Category Winners and Global Grand Prize Winners announced.
The 2017 Regional Talent Unleashed Awards Winners for each category are:
- Best Startup – Social or Community Impact: CancerAid (APAC)
- Best Startup – Social or Community Impact: e-kite (EMEA)
- Best Start-Up – Tech or Digital Innovation: BrickX (APAC)
- Best Start-Up – Tech or Digital Innovation: Drum Roll HQ (EMEA)
- Most Disruptive Technology or Digital Leader: Nick Whitehouse, McCarthyFinch (APAC)
- Most Disruptive Technology or Digital Leader: Richard Corbridge – eHealth Ireland (EMEA)
- Most Progressive Workplace Leader: Annie Parker, Fishburners (APAC)
- Most Progressive Workplace Leader: Greg Reed, HomeServe (EMEA)
The 2017 Talent Unleashed Awards Global Grand Prize Winners are:
- Best Startup: CancerAid (APAC)
- Best Startup: e-Kite (EMEA)
- Best Leader: Nick Whitehouse, McCarthyFinch (APAC)
- Best Leader: Greg Reed, HomeServe (EMEA)
- Best Idea – One To Watch: Life Whisperer (APAC)
- Best Idea – One to Watch: Mine Spider (EMEA)
- Best Idea – One To Watch: Grainster (USA)
Congratulations to all of our Winners and Finalists from across the APAC, EMEA and US Regions who joined us at our Grand Final events.